Saturday, October 23, 2010

"It's the most wonderful time of the year!!"

I know when you hear that song, you normally think Christmas, but I LOVE Halloween! We've had a lot of fun these past few weeks...

Last night we went on a group date with Ken's friends. His friend Dallin's mom put together a scavenger hunt for everyone. It was so much fun! We came in second to last, but it was still a lot of fun


Dallin's mom put so much time into the clues. They all tied together into a story about a vampire looking for brides. There were nine in all and we went everywhere from Viewmont high school up to the Maverick on Shepherd Lane.

Our team members, Mckay and Janie!
When we made it back Ken and Mckay were embarrassed that we were second to last, but it was fun to hear everyone's stories and when we walked in the door Dallin's family had homemade chili waiting for us!
Dave and Mal


A few weeks ago we carved pumpkins with our friends Brooke and Carson...

Brooke made this... I think it was the Cheshire Cat. I thought it was cute, but Carson decided he needed to carve something else on the other side.
"Hearts, stars and horseshoes, clovers and blue moons. Pots of Gold and Rainbows, and me red balloons!" haha Clever Carson...


I just went with a black cat...

This past Thursday all the girls decided to have a girl's night Halloween Party! Danielle was being "creepy"...

Alyssa made us delicious pumpkin-chocolate chip cookies!!!

Brooke and I were the only ones that dressed up! Brooke was the Burger King guy and I was a tooth fairy!!!
Who says you can't play with your food?? I made a spider-web out of my seven layer dip!



2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you and Brooke were the only ones who dressed up!! Your pumpkin is mighty cute:) And nice 7 layer dip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dip! I love Halloween-themed food. :)

    ReplyDelete